So you have a beautiful new iPhone. But space is an issue, isn’t it? Sometimes, you may face Less storage issues or you might have the need to back up those Extra photos, videos, and important files somewhere before you need to remove them. In such circumstances, you might have the need to move it to your Macbook to Store those images, videos, and important files where you can also edit them or upload it to social media.
Let us explore the number of ways to sync your iPhone photos and media files to a MacBook. This can be done with the help of apps, services. Some services are free of cost while others need a paid subscription.
If you Like to See Video
You may like to check: How to Make a Bootable Installer For MacOS Catalina
In this blog, we will discuss 6 ways to transfer videos from iPhone to a Macbook:
1- With the use of Images: One of the simplest and fastest ways to transfer your images and videos is to use the USB Port. Plugin your iPhone directly to the USB Port using Mac
- Connect the iPhone to the MacBook using USB Port
- Open the Photos or Images app on Mac
- Go to the left column where your iPhone will be visible under devices
- Click on the same
- Unlock the iPhone if required
Make use of the “Import To” option. This helps you to select the exact place where you want to save or import the images. This can be your Library, new album, or an existing album.
If you wish to generate a new album, select the New Album, enter the name and create the same.
2- Make use of iCloud Photos: It’s very easy to sync your iPhone with iCloud. Sync your photos and important files to iCloud from your iPhone. This does not require USB or port.
However, you need to buy the iCloud subscription to get more storage space on iCloud.
- 5GB Storage is absolutely free
- 50 GB: $0.99
- 200 GB: $2.99
- 2 TB: $9.99
If you have signed up for iCloud Photos, every image will automatically be synced across Apple devices. Your images and videos will be easily synced across all the Apple devices and be available on the Mac without doing much.
You may like to check: How to Make a Bootable Installer For Mac OS X Mojave
iCloud Photos is indeed a great option and you need to set up iCloud Photo Library on the iPhone:
- Go to Settings > Photos
- Check the box located just beside the iCloud Photos (It is a Green Folder). This folder will automatically be filled with your images. Hence, you can view them on any device of your choice.
- You can also optimize your iPhone Storage
You have to set up an iCloud Photo Library on your Mac Pro:
- Open your Photos and Videos.
- Click on Photos in the menu
- Then click on Preferences.
- Check the box beside iCloud Photos and videos.
- Choose Optimize Mac Storage if you wish to do so, As all your images and videos can eat up more space on your MacBook, or Download the originals to the MacBook if you wish to do so.
Your iPhone and Mac photo libraries will start to sync up. Hence, you can view images on both the devices.
3- Make use of Photo/Video Streaming App: If you wish not to invest money into iCloud Photos, then there is another way to make use of iCloud without any investment!
Make use of Photo/Video Stream to automatically upload your images and videos and send them to all the devices which have logged in with your iCloud account with WiFi. These apps have limited days of accessibility. However, your MacBook allows you to access those images, videos, and download them on your desktop or laptop. So, they won’t vanish anytime.
Set Up My Photo/Video Stream App:
- Go to Settings > Photos
- Enable the option of Upload My Photo/Video Stream App
You may like to check: How to Downgrade my macOS From Catalina in 3 Different Methods
Set Up My Photo/Video Stream App on MacBook:
- Open the Photos folder.
- Click on Photos > Preferences > iCloud.
- Then check the box located beside My Photo Stream and turn it on.
Now you will see a photo and video library and download the same on Mac. If you want to save any photos or videos into your Mac, right-click on the photo and choose Save or Duplicate.
- Dropbox: Dropbox is an Apple-based cloud storage app. It helps in bringing all the files together in one safe place. These files can be synced with any device very safely. It offers several options to the individuals in syncing the files.
If you have a Dropbox account, you will be able to send long videos from iPhone to any user or any device. The receiver with no account on Dropbox can also receive the videos.
- Google Drive: Google has Backup and Sync from Google which is a cloud storage app for Mac users. It helps files to be synced across any device.
If you have a Google account, you will be able to send long videos from iPhone to any user or send it across any device. You can upload the videos to the Google drive public folder and then just send the web link of the file to the receiver. If you wish to send a long video from iPhone to the users with Google drive link, It can be simultaneously downloaded from the other end.
- Airdrop: Have you ever thought of sending large videos from the iPhone using the Airdrop tool? This application can only be possibly used when the file receiver and sender are near.
Airdrop is just like Bluetooth and hence, it makes use of low energy Bluetooth 4.0 to discover nearby connections. If you use WiFi, then the transfer of the file is much faster and secure.
When you want to send large video files from iPhone/iPad to iPhone, the Airdrop can share anything such as images, contacts, videos, live locations, files, voice memos, and everything with the help of the share button.
Whenever you wish to transfer videos and other files from iPhone to MacBook in order To edit them or add filters to them, to make them better and share across your friends, families, and Social media. There are several tools available that adds a professional touch like the Final Cut Pro or iMovie from the Mac. You can also use the Adobe Premiere Pro to edit videos on Mac.
Please try the methods which we have discussed above and do let us know in the comments if you know any other ways to transfer videos from iPhone to a Mac!