If you are looking for methods to import photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto, you have 6 choices.
Mac’s modern built-in app allows the transfer as well as manage photos from iPhone.
Today, many people look for an alternative to iPhoto for importing photos between Mac and iPhone because iPhoto allows a limited number of items to be transferred at a time.
Read further to know the six alternative ways to import photos from iPhone Mac without iPhoto.
Method 1) Use All-in-one Transfer tool; the quickest method
To transfer all your iPhone photos to MacBook, you can go with Mac’s transfer tool – EaseUS MobiMover. The tool allows you to transfer all photos at a time or select photos according to your convenience.
Note: MobiMover app is compatible with importing photos with iPhone (in iOS 8 or later) to Mac.
Follow the given steps to transfer photos from iPhone to MacBook with MobiMover:
- Set up a connection between your iPhone and Mac with the help of a USB cable.
- Install and run EaseUS MobiMover.
- Select “Phone to Mac” and tap on the “Next” button to continue.
- Select the particular Photo or all photos at once to be imported from your iPhone to Mac.
- You just have to click the “Transfer” button.
- Once the transfer button gets activated, the photos begin importing from your iPhone to Mac without iTunes.
NOTE: Exporting photos or other important from iPhone to Mac with MobiMover is ideal for backup or avoid unexpected data loss.
Method 2) Use Photos App for importing photos from iPhone to Mac Without iPhoto
Apple brings up its optional service Photos App. It is considered to be one of the easiest alternatives to iPhoto. iOS users can manage the import of photos via this app. The method is easy, quick, and versatile as compared to iPhoto.
Follow the detailed step-by guide to use Photos App:
- Connect your iPhone device to your MacBook via a good-quality USB cable.
- Launch the Photos app on your Mac.
- Now, open the Photos Application on your MacBook.
Note: You might ignore this step if the app opens up automatically.
- Tap on the “Import” option located in the upper right corner of your Photo’s screen.
- Just choose the particular Photo or a bundle of photos you want to transfer to Mac.
- Finally, click the “Import” button to begin the process of import.
Method 3) Use Image Capture to transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac Without iPhoto
Image Capture is considered one of the best options because it transfers pictures between iPhone and Mac without reducing the image quality. Moreover, the import process takes place with zero conversion of your photo format.
Follow the given step-by-step instructions to use Image Capture:
- Plug your iPhone into your MacBook with the help of an ideal USB cable.
- Launch Image Capture app on your Mac (if it’s not pre-installed)
- Now, Open Image Capture application. You can do this by clicking “Command + Space” followed by tapping on Image.
- You will land on to Image page. From this page, select your iPhone device listed on the device list.
- You will be able to view a list of your photos and a few technical information upon the photos (such as file sizes, file types, width, and height).
- Choose the photos you want to import between iPhone and Mac.
- Finally, click on the “Import” button to transfer the selected photos.
NOTE: You can even click on “Import All” to transfer all photos at once.
Method 4) Use AirDrop to move photos from iPhone to Mac without using iPhoto.
If you don’t have a USB cable and do not want to use iPhoto for personal reasons, you can go with AirDrop. This app allows hassle-free importing photos from iPhone to Mac.
Follow the given step-by-step detailed instructions to do the same:
- Head on to your MacBook and turn on AirDrop.
- Now tap on Finder followed by GO.
- Next, click on AirDrop and switch on both Bluetooth and WiFi. This will ensure enabling AirDrop on your Mac.
- Go to the Settings and set the option to “Allow Everyone” or “My Contacts Only“. This will help your Mac to be discovered easily by iPhone.
- Now move to iPhone and turn on AirDrop.
- Swipe down on your iPhone screen until you locate and open Control Center.
- Locate into the AirDrop and set your iPhone to be discovered by “My Contacts Only” or “Everyone“.
- Select and transfer photos from iPhone to MacBook.
- Go onto your iPhone device and open the Photos app followed by choosing the photos you want to import from your iPhone to MacBook
- Tap on the Share button and select the name of your MacBook in the AirDrop section to import photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto.
Method 5) Use iCloud to shift photos from iPhone to Mac
You can land on iCloud to copy photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto.
Follow the given step-by-step instructions to do the same:
- Garb your iPhone and visit Settings.
- Type your name, iCloud, and choose photos.
- Just turn on the iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone.
- Now shift to your MacBook and visit the website iCloud.com.
- Sign in to an iCloud account with your Apple ID and password.
NOTE: The ID and password must be the same, which you use to sign in to iCloud on your iPhone.
- Choose the “Photos” option from the list. You can see the photos on your iPhone.
- Select the photos you wish to import from iPhone to your Mac.
- Just click the “Download Selected items” icon. The icon will be located on the top right corner of your screen.
Congratulations, you are successful in importing photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto.
Method 6) Use Email to transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
Email is the last option and least preferred method to move photos between iPhone and Mac. Moreover, this process can be used to send one to two photos as it is very slow to import.
Follow the given step-by-step instructions to do the same:
- Launch and open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Just select the photos you want to move to your Mac.
- Tap onto the “Share” button and select “Email.”
- Fill in your email address.
- Sign in with your Email on the MacBook and download the photos to your Mac without iPhoto.