Are you looking for methods to update iMessages on mac? Well, if yes then this is the right place for the same.
Apple’s Message is a great app for communicating all around the globe. It is a hassle-free method to get in touch with friends or family as it supports both iMessages between two Apple devices and SMS text messages for Android users. However, many iPhone users complain about several syncing issues, such as erased iMessages reappearing on one device or out-of-order conversations, etc.
So, what’s the solution?
For the solution, Apple had taken steps to add Messages in iCloud in iOS version 11.4 and macOS version 10.13.4. This has led to a great improvement as the newly added feature lets all of your messages activities, text messages include, in sync across multiple devices.
Method 1) How to activate iMessage in iCloud?
- Step 1. Log in to all the devices with the same Apple ID which you want to access with your iMessage on iCloud.
- Step 2. Launch Settings on your iPhone Settings.
- Step 3. Click on your iCloud and Apple ID settings with your name and image appearing at the top.
- Step 4. Select “iCloud” and ON the iMessages.
NOTE: Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi access so that the entire iMessages history is uploaded for syncing.
Congratulations, you are successful in updating iMessages history in iCloud with end-to-end encryption. You can anytime access these iMessages on your Mac or another device with your Apple ID.
NOTE: The larger files will need more time for updating iMessages.
Now, head on to the below mentioned steps to get Method 1 work on your Mac :
- Step 1. Log in to the Mac with the correct Apple ID.
- Step 2. Install Messages on your Mac.
- Step 3. After you’ve logged in to Messages, visit the Preferences for Messages from the menu bar.
- Step 4. Click on the iMessage tab located in the preferences settings.
- Step 5. Now, just go off the box and Enable Messages in iCloud.
That’s it, your imessage history will be synchronized. In case, it doesn’t happen, click on the ‘Sync Now button‘ and force the imessage sync.
Setting up an iCloud message for sharing imessages between your Mac and iPhone is the safest method as it doesn’t lead to any data loss.
Furthermore, with iCloud, you can be assured that you are responding to the most recent imessages.
Syncing iMessages to iCloud allows users to download the imessages to a new device at setup easily.
Method 2) How to set up iCloud message sharing on your iPhone or iPad
You must make sure that iCloud sharing is enabled on your iPhone or iPad for the updating of messages with your Mac.
Follow the given step-by-step guide to do the same :
- Step 1. Go to the ‘Settings‘ application on your iPhone.
NOTE: The Settings app will be somewhat grey gear color
- Step 2. Click on the name linked with the iCloud located at the top of your device’s screen.
- Step 3. Now, click on the ‘iCloud‘ bar.
- Step 4. On the iCloud, you will see a list of all that can be synced to your iCloud account from your iPhone Device. You will have to scroll down to “Messages“.
- Step 5. Turn on the switch next button.
NOTE: As soon as you turn on the green light turns on.
- Step 6. Click on “Apple ID” to head back to the main “Settings” page. Apple ID will be located at the top left corner of the device screen.
- Step 7. Now, just click “Settings” in the top left corner.
- Step 8. Move downwards and click on “Messages.” Icon.
- Step 9. On the Messages section, you will view the “Sync Now” icon. Click on that icon to sync your iMessages to iCloud.
Frequently Asked Questions on Updating messages on Mac
⭐ Q1) How do I sync/ update iMessage with my Mac?
To update iMessage on Mac is quite easy. Just follow the given instructions:
1- Open the application “Messages” from either one of them i.e. Dock or “Applications” folder.
2- Check the upper Menu bar and click on “Messages” followed by “Preferences.”
3- Turn on the checkbox located next to “Enable Messages on iCloud.”
4- Just, enable the pictured box, and now, you can sync iMessages by just clicking on the “Sync Now” bar.
⭐ Q2) Can I update iMessage on Mac?
Yes, you can update iMessage on Mac. For the same follow the above mentioned two easy ways.
⭐ Q3) Why is my iMessage on my Mac not updating?
If you’re facing this problem just follow the easiest solution.
Open Messages app on your Mac and click on Preferences. After this, click Accounts and click on the Sign Out option. Once, you’re signed out, wait for a few seconds and then sign back in.
Once you’re signed in back, enable iMessage on both Mac and iPhone/iPad. You can now check whether the iMessages are being updated properly on Mac or not.
⭐ Q4) Why are imessages on my Mac not working efficiently?
Sometimes your Mac requires a refresh. So, to fix this issue, you can restart your Mac.
Once you refresh your Mac, some of its apps like iMessage will work smoothly again.
To restart your Mac, click on the Apple menu located at the top left corner of the Mac screen and select “Restart“.
As soon as you click Restart, your Mac will be rebooted. After rebooting, open your iMessage app and try updating messages again.
I’m sure by now you are all clear with questions on updating iMssages on the Mac.
Just stick up to the steps mentioned in this article and you can easily synced or update iMessage on your Mac.