If you are using an iPad, then you must secure your device with a passcode. This code will help you to keep your personal information secure if your device is stolen or lost. A difficulty occurs if you forget your passcode and you don’t have a computer, as the solution given by apple is to reset the passcode with the help of a computer.
If that is the case then doesn’t worry here you will know about some solutions by which you can open the passcode of the iPad without using a computer.
Solution 1: Reset using Find My App
- First of all, install the Find My App.
- Tap on the icon of Find My App
- Sign in to the app with your ID & Password registered with apple
- After login, you can see all your devices on the map.
- Please tap on the iPad and select it.
- Erase the data to reset your phone.
- Connect your iPad to the cellular network or Wi-Fi before trying to erase it.
- Tap on the options and select Erase iPad. After that everything will be erased and it will reset the passcode.
- After you had erased everything from the iPad, you must set up your device. Set up can be done from Cloud Backup.
- Just enter your iCloud details and restore the backup to the device.
Solution 2: Reset using iCloud
Resetting via iCloud is the same as using Find My App. For doing this, you will need another device where you have to sign in to the iCloud account, after signing in to the iCloud account by using your Apple ID click on Find My Phone. Then click on All Devices on the top of the screen. Choose your iPad device and select the Erase iPad button.
After erasing the data of the iPad, you must set up your device to use it. In the process of setting up, you need to select “Restore from iCloud Backup”. Then enter the details of iCloud and restore the latest backup that is being stored in iCloud.
Solution 3: Unlock iPad using Siri
Siri is a virtual assistant that can recognize your voice and answer your questions by making recommendations. You can input voice commands and ask Siri to perform acts. Siri will work accordingly and that is why you can deal with a passcode locked iPad with the assistance of Siri.
The first thing that comes to the mind of iOS users if they get locked out of their iPad is to access Siri. This could surprise you, but to unlock your phone, you can also use Siri’s aid. Using Siri is the first option for learning how to unlock a disabled iPad without any computer. This technique is preferred by most users, as it does not need a computer and can activate an iOS device without erasing its data.
Although before proceeding, you must know the limitations of using this method. Follow these steps to unlock the passcode of the iPad.
- Ask Siri to open any app that is not installed on your device.
- Siri will then tell you that this app does not exist and bring you to the App Store for searching the app.
- Then you tap on the icon of the App Store, a window will appear.
- Select to download the app, or you can also opt for an update of other apps.
- Once you see the preview close the active task shown on your front screen and you will find that the device is already been unlocked.
On a concluding note…
These are a few ways by the help of which you can unlock your iPad whenever you forget your passcode. All of these steps can be done without using a computer. However, all of these methods have their pros and cons, so you can select the method that is appropriate for you. But the best of these options is to use Siri as it can unlock your device without erasing your device’s data.