Airdrop is the simplest way to transfer files between the Mac and other Apple devices like iPhones, iPods, and iPads.
- It uses Bluetooth to pair with nearby Apple devices
- Helps in the swift transfer of bulk files of huge size
- Almost every Apple devices have AirDrop by default
Airdrop can transfer any files, including photos, videos, or huge data between the Macs and other Apple devices like iPods, iPhones, and iPad. This feature allows you to transfer multiple files at a single time hence increasing productivity.
AirDrop works through the Bluetooth connectivity so turning the Bluetooth On is a primary necessity. The connectivity between nearby Apple devices on this feature is over through shorter distances of around 10 meters.
You may like to check – How to Change the Homepage on Mac?
So let’s get started with the steps:
The transfer process usually consists of two steps receiving and sending, so let’s take a look at the easier part of the process for the file that is receiving:
Steps to Receive a File:
- A popup will be there asking if you want to accept the file
- Click on yes and the file would be received
- You can see the storage path to make sure where it is located.
Congratulations! You have just received the file using AirDrop.
Sending the File:
Setting on the airdrop nearby devices discovery and start sharing by utilizing the finder window:
- Click on the finder, Then select and choose then AirDrop from the menu.
- Depending on your preference, choose from the “Allow me to be discovered by:” option present at the bottom of the opened window. You can set it to “No one,” “Contacts Only,” or “Everyone.”
- The nearby devices would appear in a minute or two. If unable to find the devices click on “Don’t see what you’re looking for?” you will receive the desired instructions.
- Share the file by dropping it into the AirDrop window.
Using Airdrop on the Go:
It is not required to follow these steps all the time you want to share a file. Let me guide you through:
For files like photo, video, or even a document like PDF:
- Click on the sharing option, usually present at the top of the window.
- Choose the Airdrop option from the drop-down list.
- A separate window will open up, giving you a list of all the nearby devices. Click on the desired one, and you are good to go.
Transferring a Document File:
Note- The steps given below are used for Microsoft documents.
- Click on the Share button present at the top corner.
- Click on “send a copy” from the options that opened up.
- A new sharing box will open with the sharing option and choose Airdrop from the drop-down menu.
- A separate window will open, showing you all the nearby devices. Pick the desired one, and your document is shared right away.