Are your messages not synced up between your iPhone and MacBook? Well, in this article, you will be detailed how-to sync message from iPhone to MacBook.
Syncing messages from iPhone to MacBook enables your iMessages in your Apple devices. Henceforth, your messages are kept up to date on both devices. Whenever you forward or delete the message from one of the devices (iPhone or MacBook), the message also gets forwarded or removed from the other device simultaneously.
One of the primary benefits of the Apple device is its merging with macOS/iOS approach. Apple calls this join-up strategy as Continuity.
With the “Continuity” feature on Apple or iOs devices, you can start a task on an iPhone device and then continue it on a desktop or MacBook whenever you wish to.
The variant of Messages apps on iOs and Mac allows its users to carry on a hassle-free conversation (messages) across the two platforms, i.e. iPhone and MacBook. You no longer need to look down from your Mac and pick up your iPhone to reply to any messages. You can do it all on your MacBook easily!
Sometimes the syncs between MacBook and iPhone aren’t quite right due to some error during the synchronization process.
Many people often complain that iMessages sent from the iPhone do not appear in the conversation in “Messages” on their MacBook.
In this article, you will know the solution to this problem.
- After following a short setup explained in this article, you will find it easy to send and receive messages directly from your MacBook computer. You will get rid of using and reusing your iPhone for the same.
- The best way to sync messages from iPhone to MacBook is by setting up iCloud message sharing between your MacBook and iPhone.
- This is the best and easiest way to keep your data safe from being lost. Moreover, by iCloud access, you can gain the security of responding to the current iMessages.
- Moreover, syncing your iMessages to iCloud enables the downloading feature to any new device at setup.
Follow the given step-by-step instructions to sync messages from iPhone to MacBook:
- Step 1. Head on to your iPhone and install the Settings app.
- Step 2. Scroll down the Settings until you reach the fifth group of categories. The fifth category will start with Mail.
- Step 3. Now you need to click on Messages.
- Step 4. Once you are on the Messages bar, you will find labels as “ Send & Receive” messages with either a ‘Phone number’, ‘Email address’ or ‘ 3 Addresses’. Tap on “Send and Receive”.
- Step 5. On the screen appears the entire list of phone numbers and email addresses. You can contact me via iMessages on any of the phone numbers or emails.
Just select any contact number that you want to use but is currently not active or selected.
NOTE: You might have to tap on the ‘Use your Apple ID for iMessage’ bar since sometimes only the iPhone’s number is available on the list.
- Step 6. Now move on to your MacBook. Click open the Messages app.
- Step 7. On the Messages bar, select the top menu bar followed by choosing “Preferences”.
- Step 8. Tap on Accounts.
- Step 9. Just like on iPhone, you have to select all the phone numbers/email addresses that you want to be associated with iMessage on the MacBook.
NOTE: At this point, your Apple ID might read “Inactive“. You have to click on the ‘Inactive’ bar and enter the required details in such a case. Now you are eligible to tick the numbers/addresses you want to sync over MacBook.
- Step 10. It’s almost done! Just Restart Messages on both iPhone Device and MacBook.
Congratulations, you will see the sync messages from iPhone to MacBook just like the way you wanted to!
FAQs on syncing messages from iPhone to MacBook:
⭐ Why am I unable to sync my messages to my MacBook?
It might be due to the wrong series of steps followed. You have to open your MacBook, followed by opening the iMessages app. Then, just click on Messages on the top menu. And tap on Preferences. Next, choose Accounts and then check “Enable this Account” under your Apple ID. Keep patience for a few minutes and then enable iMessage on iPhone as well as on MacBook. Now, you will be able to sync messages properly between the two devices.
⭐ Can I change my message settings on my MacBook in a hassle-free manner?
Yes, you can! Go to the Messages app on your MacBook. Once you are on the app, use General preferences to modify general options for accessing Messages. From here, you can change the preferences. For the same, choose Messages > Preferences, and lastly, click “General”.
⭐ How to build up Messages in iCloud in macOS?
Follow the given steps to build up Messages in iCloud in Mac:
• Open Messages app on your desktop, dock, or Applications folder
• Next, tap on Messages located on the Menu bar
• Click “Preference” followed by “iMessage tab“.
• Click the checkbox, which is located just next to “Enable Messages” on iCloud.
• Lastly, set up the “ Sync Now” button to sync messages immediately
⭐ What is the benefit of setting up Messages in iCloud on Mac?
Messages in iCloud are equivalent to enhanced safety. iCloud Messages keep your iMessages as well as standard SMS synchronized between your MacBook and your iPhone devices. This way, you can download your messages anytime, anywhere, whenever you set up a brand new device.