To keep your data safe and accessible, especially the contact information on your iPhone, it’s a wise practice to sync them with other devices (Mac), in case of a loss of data. You can be in touch with your friends, families, colleagues, business associates from different gadgets if you have a backup of contacts in your system.
1. Sync contacts from iPhone to Mac via iCloud
One of the simplest ways to sync contacts from your iPhone to your Mac is by using iCloud. The finest part of iCloud is that it makes sure all your data is correct and also keeps updating address book as you add newer contacts or edit the existing ones. Also it doesn’t matter whether you add the contact on your Mac computer or if you make the changes on your iPhone — your address book will always stay in sync with your iPhone.
To set the iCloud sync, you’ll first need to log into the same iCloud account on both of your iPhone and you’re Mac:
On your iPhone, head over to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
- Turn on Contacts.
- Tap Merge.
- Then on your Mac, click on the Apple menu in the top left-hand corner.
- Click System Preferences > iCloud.
- Switch on the toggle next to Contacts.
2. Sync contacts from iPhone to Mac with iTunes or Finder
You can also sync iPhone contacts via Finder or iTunes if you don’t have iCloud enabled for Contacts.
- Plugin your phone to your Mac using a Lighting cable.
- Open Finder (Mac OS Catalina or later) or iTunes (Mac OS Mojave and earlier) and click on the phone icon.
- Click on Info.
- Choose the Sync Contacts option and click Apply.
3. Sync contacts from iPhone to Mac via any Trans
The Wondershare MobileTrans is an accurate application to handle any data transfer between gadgets and systems. One can operate this tool without any technical skills.
- Launch the MobileTrans app
Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone with your Mac. Then download Wondershare’s MobileTrans app from their official website. Based on your Mac’s system OS version download the appropriate required application and install it by follow the instructions.
- Backup Data
On the home screen of the MobileTrans app, you must choose the ‘Backup’ option. This action will switch to the next screen.
- Select Contacts
Choose the desired data in the following screen which needs a backup in the MacBook. Here you must select the ‘Contacts’ option in the list.
- Wait for sometime
You have to wait for some few minutes until the entire backup process completes. All the selected particular data transfers into the Mac system as soon as this procedure ends.
Now the contacts will be available in your Mac system for future reference.
4. Sync contacts from your iPhone via Airdrop
Syncing contacts to MacBook/iMac using AirDrop is one more method that lets you access your contacts on your MacBook without any hassle. This method is a little different from the above-mentioned ones, so be a little careful. The first thing that you need to do is by turning on Wi-Fi as well as Bluetooth because Apple’s AirDrop only works when both are turned on.
- Slide down the Control Center on your Apple iPhone >> tap on the AirDrop option and choose if you want to send it to everyone or only to your contacts. Enable Airdrop on iPhone. Turn-on AirDrop on MacBook, after finishing the process.
- Click on Finder >> then Click on AirDrop and select the “Allow me to be discovered by Everyone” option, Which will let you to receive contacts from everyone’s iPhone. Enable airdrop on MacBook and continue the given process once you enable AirDrop on both iPhone and MacBook.
- Select the contact >> tap on Share option.
- You will see list of Apple devices/Person photo on the AirDrop >> tap on it.
- Sync contacts from iPhone to Mac via Email.
Transferring contacts via Email is another safe procedure. But with this method, there are some limitations. You can’t send multiple contacts via email which means that it will be time-consuming. But it’s still fine to know.
Step 1: Open the Contact list of your iPhone and select the contact that you want to transfer to Mac.
Step 2: Tap on the Share Contact option and select the Mail option. As you select the mail, you can send the contact to the email you want to. Then afterward, you can access that mail on your Mac and download the contact to save them on the system.
So, now you know that various methods can be tried out to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac. It is entirely up to you which method you see fit.