The iPhones come along with a SIM slot on the side of the phone. As you might know, the SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card carries all the information needed to avail voice and data services linked with your mobile number.
This article will guide you with a stepwise procedure to swap your SIM located inside an iPhone tray. You can utilise a special eject tool for SIMs, or simply a pointed paperclip can do the job. It becomes easy to remove an old SIM and insert a new one once the tray gets removed.
More Read: Simple Steps To Reset an iPad Mini
Method for iPhone 4 and Above Models
- Hold the iPhone or iPad in an upright fashion, such that the screen faces you. You will find the SIM tray on the left for older iPad models, whereas it is on the right side in phone models above 4.
- You will find a tiny hole at the bottom of the tray. Insert a pointed part of a paperclip or a SIM ejection tool into the hole.
- You will now be able to pull out the tray. Insert a new SIM card, keeping in mind the orientation of your old SIM. Some models like X and 11 have two Nano-SIM slots, make sure that you are swapping the correct SIM.
- Press the SIM tray gently back into its place, once you insert the new SIM card.
Must Read: How to Download Movies on iPad?
Method for 3GS and Earlier Models
- Hold the iPhone in an upright fashion, such that the screen faces you. You will find the SIM tray on the top edge, near the Power button.
- You will find a tiny hole at the left side of the tray. Insert a pointed part of a paperclip or a SIM ejection tool into the hole.
- You will now be able to pull out the tray. Insert a new SIM card, keeping in mind the orientation of your old SIM. 4) Press the SIM tray gently back into its place, once you insert the new SIM card.
Frequently Asked Questions
1- Not able to open the iPhone tray with the given tool
You can try to push the key further into the phone, but be careful that the phone doesn’t damage. If that doesn’t help, You can visit the nearest Apple store for further assistance.
2- What is the correct orientation for inserting the SIM card?
Check that the gold side of the SIM is facing down when you insert a new SIM card.
3- Using a paperclip for removing SIM tray doesn’t work?
You must be very careful while using a paperclip; otherwise, the SIM can get damaged. Use a paperclip of appropriate dimensions, bend it slightly to pull out the SIM tray with ease.
4- How to get the SIM out from the tray?
You can get hold of the SIM by simply turning it upside down or through a gentle push with the fingers.
5- Can I use other tools to pull out the SIM tray?
A needle or thumbtack that can fit into the tray hole will work. Avoid using a very sharp object, as it can damage your phone.
Precautions to Take
- Refrain from removing the SIM card while the device is on. It can cause damage to the SIM as well as the iPhone.
- Don’t use a sharp object to pull out the SIM tray. It might result in scratches and damage the phone.
- Don’t bend or stretch the SIM. Adjust it properly in the iPhone tray.
- Restart the phone after you insert the new SIM.
- Refrain from touching the gold plates of the SIM too often.
Follow the above procedure, and you are ready to go. Getting out the SIM card from an iPhone device can be tricky. Hope this article serves as a step-by-step guide to swap your old SIM card with a new one.