The iCloud Keychain can create and store logins passwords, personal information, credit card details across all your iPhone and iPad devices. These days every website needs some kind of password or login information to visit practically.
It is complicated to keep track of all these logins, credit card numbers, expiration dates while making purchases online at websites that don’t have apple pay support. Thus, the iCloud Keychain helps you save all your logins and passwords, credit card details, and personal information.
As iCloud Keychain is a fantastic program for storing login and password information, one must always have a secondary way to back up your passwords if some unfortunate incident occurs. If you cannot access your iCloud account, having a backup password manager will save you much time and suffering.
iCloud Keychain doesn’t always update the information right away. When this comes true, you wouldn’t be able to use this feature to quickly log in to these accounts unless you manually update the password and login information in Keychain. Luckily, editing saved accounts information, passwords, and logins are easy on iPhone and iPad. An iCloud Keychain is a useful tool that stores online account information and automatically fills out login details, credit card details, Wi-Fi passwords, etc.
If you change the password to any of your accounts, you need to update it in the password section of your iPhone or iPad otherwise; iCloud Keychain would no longer function properly.
This article will discuss how you can edit saved passwords on both the iPhone & iPad with iCloud Keychain. All the information regarding iCloud Keychain is available within the settings app. If you want to edit a saved password on iPhone/iPad, then simply follow these steps carefully.
- Open setting from the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- In order to head down the password section, scroll down and tap on the “password and accounts” option in the setting menu.
- You click on the “Website and app password “ option.
- You will be asked to authorize with Face ID or Touch ID, depending on the device you use.
- Here you will see a list of your online accounts that have already been added to iCloud Keychain.
- Click on these accounts to view their respective passwords and check if they expire. For example, just click on the already created “Netflix.com“ option.
- In this menu, we will see account login details, including username and password, both of which can be changed by tapping “Edit” at the top right corner of the screen.
- To update your password, simply click on the current password to bring up the keyboard and type in your new password. Click “Done” to confirm the changes.