Are you looking forward to disconnecting your iPhone device from Mac? Have you connected your iPhone to a PC or Mac for syncing with iTunes and now want to disconnect your iPhone from Mac?
Well, for the same, read the entire article and know some of the easiest methods.
While signing in to a Mac device with your Apple iPhone, the device becomes associated with your iPhone account.
And if you want to remove an associated Mac device, you can do this in all cases.
Head on to the various mentioned methods to disconnect iPhone from Mac :
NOTE: These methods work with Wi-Fi synced devices as well as with iOS devices connected with a USB cable.
Method 1) Remove your associated iPhone devices on a Mac with iTunes
- Step 1) Sign in to the Apple Music App with your Mac or Open iTunes for Windows on your Mac.
- Step 2) Visit the Menu bar located at the top of your Mac screen or at the top of the iTunes window.
- Step 3) Choose the Account option.
- Step 4) From the Account bar, view ‘My Account. And sign in with your iPhone device if asked for.
- Step 5) Scroll your mouse to reach the iTunes located in the Cloud section.
- Step 6) Tap on ‘Manage Devices’.
As soon as you tap there, a list of devices associated with your account for purchases will appear on the screen.
NOTE: This section might be missing if none of your devices is associated with your Apple ID
- Step 7) Click on the ‘Remove’ bar located at the right of a device if you want to disassociate the device.
NOTE: If any user cannot remove his/her device, it is suggested to sign out of the Apple ID on that device and wait up to 90 days to associate it with an alternative Apple iPhone ID.
Method 2) Disconnect an iPhone from the Mac with iTunes Dock Icon in OS X
Mac users are provided with the easy iTunes Dock trick for the ejection of a connected iPhone device.
Follow the steps to disconnect iPhone from Mac:
steps to disconnect iPhone from Mac :
- Step 1) Visit OS X Dock
- Step 2) On the OS X Dock, Right-click on the iTunes icon
- Step 3) Now, choose “Eject “and select the name of your device.
- Step 4) Now disconnect your iOS device from the iTunes Dock icon.
- Step 5) It’s almost done. You can now log out of iTunes and then disconnect the iPhone from a USB cable.
Congratulations, you are successful in disconnecting your iPhone device from your Mac.
NOTE: If the iPhone device has Wi-Fi syncing enabled, then it won’t ‘eject’ completely by this process.
Method 3) You can also try this method for removing an iPhone device from iCloud using a Mac
Follow the given step-by-step guide to use this method –
- Step 1) At the top of the iPhone screen, you will see an Apple icon. Click on the Apple icon.
- Step 2) Choose “System Preferences” from the icon.
- Step 3) Now, click on “Apple ID” located in the top right corner of the System Preferences window.
- Step 4) Head on the left panel in the System Preference window and scroll down to search for the iPhone device you want to remove.
- Step 5) Just click on the “Remove from Account” bar and confirm the name of the iPhone device you want to remove from Mac.
Congratulations, you are successful in ejecting your iPhone from the Mac.
You can also use Find My Application to disconnect the iPhone from Mac.
Method 4) How to remove a device on Mac in “Find My”?
If you wish to disconnect any iPhone device from Mac because you’re no longer using the device, use Find My Application.
Follow the step-by-step guide to do the same:
- Step 1) Begin by Installation of Find My Apps on your Mac.
- Step 2) Just click on the ‘Devices’ section.
- Step 3) A Devices list will appear in front of you; you have to select the iPhone device name you want to disconnect.
- Step 4) Tap on the ‘Info button’ on the map section
- Step 5) Now click ‘Remove This Device’.
NOTE: Once you remove the iPhone device from the Find My app, the Activation Lock will be automatically be turned off.
Congratulations, you have successfully disconnected the iPhone device from the Mac.
Frequently asked questions on How to Disconnect an iPhone from Mac:
A lot of iPhone users tend to have the questions discussed below. Have a look at each question and get your easy answer now.
How do I unlink my iPhone device from my Mac?
It is no tough job to remove your associated iPhone device from Mac.
Just tap on your Apple ID followed by Tap View Apple ID. You will be asked to sign in. Visit iTunes in the Cloud section and then tap Remove This Device.
How do I stop sharing any items between iPhone and Mac?
If you want to stop the sharing between two devices, ie. iPhone and Mac, follow the instructions.
In any one of the devices, tap on to settings, visit iCloud and finally turn off the services you don’t want that device to share.
What does removing an iPhone device from Mac do?
Setting up two-factor authentication for an iPhone ID or removing an iPhone device from Mac ensures that verification codes will no longer be displayed.
Furthermore, the disconnect device also won’t have access to iCloud and other Apple services, including Find My, unless you as a user sign in again with two-factor authentication.
You can choose any of the four methods to disconnect your iPhone and Mac device from each other.
I hope this article helped you to find solutions for your problems.
Try any method; you will easily be able to stop the sharing of any information between the iPhone and the Mac.