With the accessibility of Xbox One Controllers and PlayStation on iPhone, it finally feels like having a proper traditional game system.
Before, iPhone or iPadOS did not support some Xbox One controllers and PlayStation DualShock 4 controllers. But now it’s easily supportable.
This article deals with the Xbox One S controller. If you are looking for some easy solutions to connecting an Xbox One controller to your iPhone, you have landed in the right place.
Benefits of connecting Xbox one controller to iPhone:
Some of the recent iPhone updates, including Apple devices and iPad, offers users to access the Xbox One controller. With Xbox One controller, you can play a variety of entertaining games.
Moreover, the 2020 iOS 14 update comes forth with an increased number of controllers. This updated version includes the Xbox Elite and Adaptive Controllers.
You must note that not every game supports the use of controllers. Yet, some of the most popular games on the App Store support the use of controllers. Some of the games are as follows : Beyond a Steel Sky, Oceanhorn 2, Brawlhalla, Call of Duty: Mobile, Hot Lava, Sayonara Wild Hearts, Hyper Light Drifter, The Pathless.
The Key Points:
First of all, you need to know that any ol’ Xbox can is used on One gamepad. For using Xbox, you will primarily need the Bluetooth-compatible model. This model was specifically designed for the Xbox One S (Model 1708). Fortunately, this model is also compatible with the new $179.99 Elite Wireless Controller Series 2. You must take note that the Bluetooth Compatible model requires iOS or iPad 13 or later for functioning.
If you don’t want to look into several non-Elite controllers, you are suggested to have a glance at the segmented plate located around the Xbox button. A controller with zero Elite is the best point to connect Xbox to an iPhone device.
You should be clear that the controller is functioning properly. Though this step is tough, yet it takes only a few seconds. Once you are done with this, Xbox can work with any game based on the MFi controller support.
All in all, you need to know these aspects to connect an Xbox One controller to your iPhone
- Upgrade your iPhone to at least the iOS 13 version.
- You might use an Xbox One controller for playing certain games from the Apple Arcade.
- Xbox One Controller connectivity with iPhone require to be a Bluetooth-enabled controller at any cost. Once you have a Bluetooth-enabled controller, you can easily connect it like any other Bluetooth device.
How to connect an Xbox One controller with an iPhone or iPad?
Pairing your Xbox One controller with an iPhone device is quite a straightforward method. Below is how to do the same.
Before you jump into the solution, you need to read this:
- Assure that you have the right model Xbox as some Xbox One controllers won’t pair with an iPhone if the model isn’t ideal.
- The next assurance is your Bluetooth connectivity. You must connect your Xbox One controller with a capable iPhone Bluetooth.
- A Bluetooth-capable Xbox One controller contain plastic around the Xbox button. This plastic body is the replica of the rest of the controller’s color.
- On the other hand, the Non-Bluetooth controller contains the plastic model, a replica of bumpers housed around the RB and LB buttons.
The Easiest Way to Check the Xbox Model:
To check which model of Xbox you have just head on to your controller and open the battery compartment. Now, pull out the batteries from the battery slot. The battery contains a label inside which reads the model number just below Redmond, Washington.
You might face an issue seeing the model number as it is very tiny. In this case, you can use your phone’s camera and flashlight to capture the photo and zoom in to read the model number.
Follow the given guidelines to connect the Xbox one controller to the iPhone:
- Step1. Open the Settings application on your iPhone Device.
- Step 2. Click on the Bluetooth tab. Usually, the Bluetooth is already on, but in case it isn’t on, you have to flip the Bluetooth bar located at the top of the next page. Once you on the Bluetooth, it reflects green light.
- Step 3. Let the Bluetooth menu be On. You have to catch hold of your Xbox One controller simultaneously.
NOTE- XBox Must be Charged.
- Step 4. Turn On the Xbox by pressing the logo button of the Xbox
- Step 5. Now, go to the wireless enrollment button located on the back of your Xbox One controller. Once you have reached out to the Xbox, hold it down for a few seconds.
- Step 6. Once you hold it down, the Xbox button begins reflecting the light. The light should start flashing quickly.
NOTE: You can skip step 6, provided your Xbox One controller is already unpaired from any other device. As in this case, just Pressing and holding the Xbox button will successfully enable the pairing mode.
- Step 7.You will see an “Xbox Wireless Controller” on your iPhone Device. Usually, the Xbox Wireless Controller pops up under “Other Devices” in the Bluetooth menu.
- Step 8. All you have to do is press on the ok tab.
- Step 9. As soon as ok is pressed, the light on your Xbox button stops flashing then and there. The light will usually stay lit.
Congratulations, Your Xbox One controller is now connected to your iPhone Device.